You will be a member of Enterprise IT (Development and Operations) team that is responsible for platforms under team’s care. You’ll get involved in design, installation, testing and; operation and maintenance of software systems. The applications you create are likely to help businesses to be more efficient.
You might be responsible for writing and coding applications OR providing an entirely new software resource OR working closely with vendor to deliver the product / project. Nonetheless, you have to be very technically sound – cross language / platforms / databases. Sometimes, you may also use “off the shelf” software, requiring you to modify and integrate it into an existing network to meet the needs of business.
You must have very positive mind set, ability to commit to the role and look forward to facing daily challenges, turning it into your next adventure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team Lead – Able to manage a small team, provide multiple peer coaching with proven results and provide internal training.
- Project Management – Responsible of end to end project delivery (Domain Lead) for any project categorized under Project Lite or Low by PPO. Provide full assistant as domain SME to Project Manager (PM) for project categorized under Medium or Group. Manage Opex/Capex spending related to project including change request cost (CR) & PO receiving cost within agreed project timeline.
- Operation Excellence – Ensure end to end process are established and services are fully operational. Continue enhance existing SOPP, work with internal team to come out with monthly initiatives and developed workaround with less dependency from vendor.
- Understand customer, business needs and expectations. Constantly seek improvement in area of work and drive the success of team’s work target and expectations.
- Review current systems, present ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals.
- Produce detailed specifications and writing application codes.
- Testing product in controlled, real situations before going live.
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running.
- You will be involved in the definition and delivery of business requirements and associated configuration solutions efficiently and safely in line with established standards.
- Elicit requirements information from internal business users and product experts; negotiate with stakeholders to understand real underlying requirements and priority.
- Analyse, validate and organise information into business requirements documents, workflows and business configuration documentation.
- Specify functional behaviour for the system, covering features, business process definition, user interface definition, report definition, business logic and Use Cases.
- Assist in specification of Functional Acceptance Test strategy, and test scenarios..
- Continuously build strong relations with all stakeholders, internal and external suppliers and management assuring engagement and commitment by all parties.
- Getting involved in both development and operation of platforms within the team’s care.
- Support the development of business cases for projects, with end-to-end project involvement.
- Comply to all company SOPP & audit.
- Knowledge of programming skills is a prerequisite; Ability to use one more development language
- Strong communication skills; Ability to work in a team; Ability to communicate and influence with tact and diplomacy.
- Eye for detail and identifying problems; Strong process and analytical skills, able to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Experience of software development lifecycle is essential; examples of requirements specifications will be requested.
- Experience in the use of common business and systems analysis methodologies and modelling tools
- Experience as lead analyst, or managing the work of other analysts is desirable
- Strong business and customer focus.
- Ability to work within a demanding environment, being the key contributor to fast-moving product development process.
- Ability to work reactively and proactively.
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in ERP and other financial platforms would be an advantage
- Experience in any cloud-based implementation & open-source tools in file processing, reports and workflow. Added advantage in ETL Tools, Workflow application development and cloud computing services ( e.g. AWS, Google cloud platform, Azure)
- Knowledge of SOAP/Restful API development
- Knowledge of python & RDBMS like MySQL, Postgres, etc. Experience in OracleSQL, PostgresSQL scripting knowledge will be an added value