You are/have: (personality / competencies etc.)
- Worked at least 4-5 years in a credit risk management environment with hands-on experience in collections and bad debt recovery.
- Curious, resourceful, analytical, logical and decisive. Good at interpreting numbers and confident in making decisions based on your analytical output.
- A positive attitude with a passion for learning, process improvement and driving change.
- Diligent with a good eye for details.
- Able to work harmoniously in a team environment or independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to manage stakeholders well.
- Articulate and good writing skills.
- Identify and drive initiatives to reduce delinquency in trade receivables.
- Drive recovery of bad debts through management of debt collection agents.
- Slice and dice data to get to the bottom of delinquency root causes.
- Forecast collections and bad debts.
- Prepare monthly management reports on collection performance.
- Drive process and system enhancement projects to optimise bad debt recovery.