We are looking for an experienced Market Analyst with a razor-sharp attention to detail, broad knowledge of statistics, mathematics and analytics to help us make great data-driven business development decisions on what the market wants, who we should serve, and how well our strategy is working.
You are: (personality / competencies etc)
- Interested in researching, influencing and organizing information.
- Able to explore new data sources and understand large amounts of data and information.
- Have an interest in tech and lifestyle trends and general developments in business markets.
- Someone with strong communication skills useful for gathering information, data interpretation and validation, and presenting results to stakeholders.
- Good in assessing available information to build business case for developing strategy.
- Detail-oriented for analytical precision.
Your Responsibilities: (What is this role all about? What does the applicant have to do?)
- Assess market conditions to determine sales potential of products and services.
- Analyse existing and potential customer profiles for preferences, trends, buying behavior and assessing market potential and demand for new services.
- Provide business intelligence support for the lifestyle business development team.
- Measure effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies.
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends.
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs and written reports.
- Prepare reports and present results to stakeholders and management.
- Gather information on competitors and related industry players.
- Understanding business objectives and designing surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences.
- Devise and assess procedures and methods for data collection and surveys, together with marketing research team.
Your Merits: (these are must haves in terms of qualifications & experience & specific technical/professional skills that you want from the applicant)
- A bachelor’s degree in market research, marketing, statistics, math, computer science, business administration.
- Strong business acumen, math and analytical skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of SQL to extract data from Data Warehouse.
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen preferred.