The Campaign Period
1. The CIMB Bank – "Digi-CIMB Smartphone Instalment Program" ("this Campaign") is a collaboration between CIMB Bank Berhad ("CIMB Bank") and DIGI Telecommunication Sdn. Bhd. ("DIGI") and shall run from 15th Nov 2018 to 31th July 2019, both dates inclusive ("Campaign Period").
2. CIMB Bank reserves the right to change the duration and/or commencement and/or the expiry dates of the Campaign Period by giving thirty (30) calendar days prior notice.
3. This Campaign is exclusively for targeted Digi prepaid customers who received a Short Message Service Invite ("SMS Invite") from Digi and fulfill the following criteria:
(a) Malaysian citizen with MyKad
(b) Age requirement – minimum 21 years old and maximum 58 years old
(c) Has EPF statement – in employment for more than 6 consecutive months
(d) Minimum RM2,000 gross monthly income
(Hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Eligible Participant(s)").
4. Non-Malaysian or existing CIMB Cash Plus Personal Loan customer will not be eligible to participate in this Campaign.
5. The Eligible Participant(s) will need to provide a copy of identification card and EPF statement as income document. Eligible Participant(s) should not withhold any information which may prejudice the loan application or have a bearing on the Bank's financing decision.
6. CIMB Bank offers Digi-CIMB Smartphone Instalment Program using CIMB Cash Plus Personal Loan ("CIMB Cash Plus"). CIMB Cash Plus makes it possible to finance the cost of selected mobile device purchased at participating Digi outlets with a loan tenure of 24 months. CIMB Cash Plus fixed interest rate is 14.66% p.a. (the effective lending rate is 24% p.a.).
The list of participating Digi outlets is available at Digi's website, which url link is provided in the SMS Invite.
7. CIMB Cash Plus has a fixed interest rate which is calculated on a daily balance basis and capitalized at the end of each calendar month. If customers don't pay the instalments on time, they will have to pay default interest at the rate of 1% p.a. on the overdue instalments on a daily balance basis from the overdue date till the date it is paid.
8. Loan amount offered is from minimum of RM2,000 to maximum of RM4,000 to be utilized to purchase selected mobile device from Digi.
9. CIMB Cash Plus approval for Digi-CIMB Smartphone Instalment Program is subjected to CIMB Cash Plus's Terms and Conditions and individual credit worthiness. The Terms and Conditions of CIMB Cash Plus is set out in the CIMB Bank's website at https://www.cimbbank.com.my/en/personal/index.html
10. Eligible Participant(s) are required to have a CIMB Current or Savings Account for CIMB Cash Plus disbursement purposes. However, for Eligible Participant(s) without existing CIMB Current or Savings Account, they are required to open a CIMB Savings Account at the participating Digi outlets.
11. If Eligible Participant(s) encounter difficulties in opening a CIMB Current or Savings Account at Digi outlets, they can visit the nearest CIMB branch for necessary verification and account opening.
12. Once the funds are disbursed to the CIMB Current or Savings Account, Eligible Participant(s) are required to use CIMB Debit Card to make full payment for the mobile device at participating Digi outlets.
13. CIMB Bank reserves the right to stipulate and vary, from time to time, the minimum amount of initial deposit required to open the Savings Account. For this particular campaign, the initial deposit required to open Savings Account is waived. The account holder is also required to maintain a minimum deposit as specified by the Bank. Notwithstanding the aforesaid where the Savings Account opened is a Basic Savings Account and or Senior Basic Savings Account, the minimum amount of deposit required to be maintained shall be RM20.
14. Eligible Participant(s) are required to sign up for Standing Instruction on the CIMB Current or Savings Account to make monthly payments to this CIMB Cash Plus account.
15. Digi reserves the right to change mobile device model selected for this Campaign, subject to stock availability.
General Terms and Condition
16. By participating in this Campaign, the Eligible Participant(s) are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions as well as consented to CIMB Bank processing and disclosing their personal data in accordance with the CIMB Group Privacy Notice which can be found at https://www.cimbbank.com.my/en/personal/index.html and agree that all decisions fairly and reasonably made by CIMB Bank in relation to every aspect of this Campaign shall be final, binding and conclusive.
17. The Eligible Participant(s) ' signed up CIMB Cash Plus (i) MUST not be in breach of the terms and conditions governing signed up CIMB Cash Plus AND (ii) MUST not be terminated or closed or be made subject to any attachment, adverse orders made by the Court or any authorities sanctioned by laws, delinquent, and/ or be invalid or cancelled as determined by CIMB Bank during the Campaign Period, otherwise the Eligible Participant(s) will be disqualified from participating in this Campaign.
18. CIMB Bank reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Eligible Participant(s) that it determines to be tampering with the entry process, or to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Terms and Conditions.
19. CIMB Bank reserves the right to extend, shorten, discontinue, cancel, terminate or suspend this Campaign by giving thirty (30) calendar days' prior notice to the Eligible Participant(s). For the avoidance of doubt, any extension, shortening, discontinuance, cancellation, termination or suspension of this Campaign by CIMB Bank shall not entitle any of the Eligible Participant(s) or any other persons whosoever to any claim or compensation against CIMB Bank for any losses or damages suffered or incurred by the Eligible Participant(s) as a direct or indirect result of the act of extension, shortening, discontinuance, cancellation, termination or suspension of this Campaign.
20. By participating in this Campaign, the Eligible Participant(s) hereby agree that CIMB Bank shall not in any manner whatsoever be liable or held responsible to the Eligible Participant(s) if CIMB Bank is unable to perform in whole or in part of any of its obligations herein, attributable directly or indirectly to the failure of any mechanical or electronic device, data processing system, transmission line, electrical failure, industrial dispute, war, strike, riot, any act of God beyond CIMB Bank's control or due to any factor in a nature of a force majeure which is beyond CIMB Bank's reasonable control.
21. CIMB Bank shall not be liable to any Eligible Participant(s) or any party for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered (including but not limited to, loss of income, profits or goodwill, direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party) howsoever arising, in relation to the participation or non-participation in this Campaign including arising from any non-receipt or delayed receipt by the Eligible Participant(s) of the Short Message Service ("SMS") unless the same shall arise from and are caused directly by CIMB Bank's gross negligence or willful default.
22. CIMB Bank reserves the right upon giving prior notice of twenty-one (21) calendar days to vary (whether by addition, deletion, modification, amendment or otherwise howsoever) ("Amendment") any of the Terms and Conditions herein. Notification to Eligible Participant(s) in respect of the Amendment shall be effected at CIMB Bank's absolute discretion through any one of the following means of communication, namely, via electronic communication display at CIMB Bank's website, CIMB Bank's branches where detail provisions regarding the Amendment may be provided in the notice itself or may be provided to the Eligible Participant(s) upon request; or by effecting an advertisement regarding the Amendment in one newspaper of CIMB Bank's choice or by any other means of notification which CIMB Bank may select and the Amendment shall be deemed as binding on the Eligible Participant(s) as from the date of notification of the Amendment or from such other date as may be specified by CIMB Bank in the notification. Eligible Participant(s) acknowledge and agree to access CIMB Bank's website at regular intervals to view the terms and conditions of the Campaign and to ensure that they are kept up-todate with any changes or variations to these terms and conditions.
23. CIMB Bank accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected application of the CIMB Cash Plus or related correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise unless the same arise from and are caused directly by CIMB Bank's gross negligence or willful default
24. No compensation in cash or any kind shall be given to the Eligible Participant(s) for any losses or damages suffered or incurred by the Eligible Participant(s) as a direct or an indirect result of such amendment, variation, deletion, addition or alteration of the Terms and Conditions herein.
25. These Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time pursuant to Clause 22 above) shall prevail over any provisions or representations contained in any other promotional materials advertising this Campaign. These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with the prevailing terms and conditions of the CIMB Cash Plus which shall apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions herein.
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the application of any prevailing laws, guidelines, directives, notices, regulations enacted and/or any other written laws or which are issued by Bank Negara Malaysia or any other body having supervisory authority over CIMB Bank in relation to or which are applicable to this Campaign or any matters herein.
27. If there is any inconsistency (ies), conflict(s), ambiguity (ies) or discrepancy (ies) between the Bahasa Malaysia and English version of these Terms and Conditions herein, the English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, where request had been made by the Eligible Participant(s) and noted and acknowledged by CIMB Bank in its records that the Bahasa Malaysia version of the CIMB Cash Plus has been selected by the Eligible Participant(s) to govern the operation of the Eligible Participant(s)' use of CIMB Cash Plus, then the Bahasa Malaysia version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
28. For feedbacks and/or complaints related to this Campaign, the Eligible Participant(s) may contact CIMB Bank's Customer Resolution Unit bearing the following address and telephone numbers (or bearing such other address and telephone numbers which CIMB Bank may change by notification to the Eligible Participant(s): CIMB Bank Berhad, Customer Resolution Unit, P.O. Box 10338, GPO Kuala Lumpur 50710 Wilayah Persekutuan / Tel: +603 6204 7788 / CRU@cimb.com.
29. Any query, issue, complaint or dispute in relation to the use and/or purchase of the mobile device using CIMB Cash Plus should be referred to Digi for resolution. CIMB Bank will not be responsible for any complaint or dispute in connection with the mobile device purchased from Digi and/or the services of Digi.