WHAT IS THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT ABOUT?
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA") sets out the rules which all users of personal data including Digi must obey when obtaining and using information about you.
As part of Digi's compliance to PDPA and commitment towards the protection of your personal information, Digi has put in place a personal data protection and compliance principles and framework ("Framework").
HOW IS THIS RELEVANT TO ME AS A USER OF THE RENT 2 DIGI PROGRAM WEBPAGE?
The PDPA also provides you with certain rights to control how your personal data is used. In this regard, please note that:
your rights under the PDPA is qualified by six (6) exceptions where such processing is necessary for; (i) the performance of a contract to which you are a party; (ii) taking of steps, at your request, with a view of entering into a contract;(iii) compliance with any legal obligation to which Digi is the subject, other than a contractual obligation; (iv) protecting the vital interests, namely matters relating to life, death or security; (v) the administration of justice; or(vi) the exercise of any functions conferred on any person under any law.
by your conduct of registering and/or continuing to use the Rent 2 Digi Program Webpage and Rent 2 Digi Program, you are consenting to your personal information being processed by and where required, disclosed to classes of third parties as identified by Digi for the purposes of Digi providing the Rent 2 Digi Program to you.
WHY IS THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT SIGNIFICANT?
The essence of the Framework is encapsulated in this Privacy Statement and the Data Protection Obligations. Both the Data Protection Obligations and this Privacy Statement forms an integral part of the terms and conditions of the use the Rent 2 Digi Program.
Digi may be required to revise and/or modify this Privacy Statement and the Data Protection Obligations from time to time. In the event of such revision and/or modification, Digi will communicate such revision and/or modification on the Rent 2 Digi Program Webpage. By continuing to use the Rent 2 Digi Program Webpage after the communication of such revision and/or modification, you are accepting and consenting to such revision and/or modification. Please contact Digi in the event you do not agree to such revision and/or modification and depending on the nature of such revision and/or modification, it may impact Digi's ability to continue providing the Rent 2 Digi Program to you.
IS IT NECESSARY FOR Digi TO COLLECT AND PROCESS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In order for Digi to provide the Rent 2 Digi Program to serve you better, Digi has in place certain procedures and processes in tandem with the Framework which necessitates the provision of some of your personal information to Digi.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS Digi COLLECTING AND PROCESSING?
Basically, the personal information of customers collected and processed by Digi ("Personal Information") are categorised into;
(1) Mandatory information; and
(2) Optional information.
Such personal information marked as mandatory by Digi ("Mandatory Information") includes:
- Personal details and information obtained by Digi in respect of the Rent 2 Digi Program. The type of details herein includes but are not limited to:
- Company Name
- Address (private and/or business; current and/or previous address, installation address)
- Contact Numbers (private and/or business, mobile, fixed line, fax)
- Email address (private and/or business)
- In addition to the above, Digi also processes the following Mandatory Information dealing with:
In respect of the Mandatory Information, you agree and accept that;
- you will provide such information to Digi and consent to the processing of the same by Digi; and some of the said personal information can be collected and/or automatically processed by Digi through its systems.
- If you do not agree to provide the Mandatory Information to Digi and/or do not agree to Digi processing the same, then Digi will not be in the position to provide the Rent 2 Digi Program to you.
HOW IS Digi COLLECTING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Digi collects the Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- directly as provided by you including but not limited to instance when such Personal Information is provided via phone, in application/ other related forms or agreements,;
- from Digi's own records.
In the event that you access our Webpages or online portals ("Online Channels"), please be aware that:
- your IP address and information about your visit (such as time stamp, date, duration etc) will be automatically picked up by Digi's systems. Such function is inherent and integral to any telecommunications related system. In this regard, Digi has taken reasonable steps to put governance processes in place.
HOW WOULD Digi USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your Personal Information will be used by Digi to:
- verify your identity.
- assist you in regards to the Rent 2 Digi Program .
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better .
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructures, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
WHAT DOES Digi MEAN BY WHEN REQUIRED; Digi MAY DISCLOSE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO IDENTIFIED CLASSES OF THIRD PARTIES?
In order for Digi to provide the Products and and also to serve you better, Digi may have to disclose your Personal Information to the following classes of third parties:
- to third parties engaged by Digi to assist and/or facilitate the delivering some and/or part of the Products and to you, including without limitation companies engaged for purposes of providing to Digi:
- data processing
- maintenance and repair
- information technology
- market research and Webpage usage analysis
- to strategic partners of Digi that work with us to provide and/or market the Products and (such as our network of dealers).
- to regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function, under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court.
- to regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities for the purpose of detection or prevention of crime, illegal/unlawful activities or fraud or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or for an investigation relating to any of these.
- to any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings.
- to professional advisors of Digi on a need to know basis for the purpose of those advisors providing advice to us.
- to Digi's shareholders and to companies affiliated with Digi for the purposes of establishing and maintaining a common database of customers to avoid duplication and to streamline and offers being provided to you by any company in the Digi and/or Telenor Group.
- otherwise as permitted under Malaysian law, including without limitation, the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
In this regard, please be assured that Digi has taken reasonable steps to ensure such classes of third parties engaged by Digi are contractually bound; (i) not to use your Personal Information for any reason other than to provide the Products or and (ii) to adequately safeguard your Personal Information.
HELP Digi TO ENSURE WE HOLD ACCURATE INFORMATION
Digi endeavours to take reasonable precautions to ensure that the Personal Information that we collect and/or process are accurately reflected in our systems in accordance with the details provided by you. Therefore, the accuracy of the Personal Information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. As such, it is a condition of Digi providing the Rent 2 Digi Program to you that you;
- provide Digi with the accurate and complete Personal Information of yourself and/or any relevant person (including their consents); and update Digi as and when such Personal Information provided earlier to Digi becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting Digi.
HOW TO CONTACT Digi
- MyDigi app
- Write in to:
Privacy at Customer Service,
Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd,
Lot 10, Jalan Delima 1/1,
Subang Hi-Tech Industrial Park,
40000 Shah Alam, Selangor.
- Contact Call Centre via 016-221 180
- Email us