1. Digi Fibre is a fixed internet access service to your home ("Fibre Internet Service"). The Fibre Internet Service comprises different plans that you may choose, the details of which are available here (the "Digi Fibre Plan"). We may change the Digi Fibre Plan from time to time as we deem fit, but such change does not affect your existing Digi Fibre Internet Plan that you subscribed to prior to the change, unless you decide to change the Digi Fibre Plan by contacting us through any channels which Digi makes available to you.
2. Fibre Internet Service:
The Fibre Internet Service comprises of the following equipment ("Digi's Equipment").
- A Broadband Termination Unit ("BTU")
- A Wi-Fi Router ("CPE"), if required by you
- If your home is an apartment, the Access Line is from the MDF Room to the BTU in your apartment or if your home is a landed property, the Access Line is from the nearest fibre junction box to the BTU in your home. All of the above components will be installed according to our Standard Installation as set out below.
3. Fibre Internet Service Availability:
- The Fibre Internet Service is only available in areas where Digi has such fibre internet coverage. Please click here to check if your home / office address is within Digi’s coverage area (the "Designated Area").
- Upon submission of your completed application, we will call you within approximately three (3) business days from the submission date to inform you of acceptance or rejection of your application. The provision of the Fibre Internet Service is at our sole discretion.
4. Fibre Internet Service Eligibility: You are ineligible for the Fibre Internet Service if:
- you have any outstanding payments with us for any other telecommunications service which you subscribed with us; or
- you are blacklisted by any other fixed and / or mobile telecommunications providers;
- you fail the creditworthiness check. In this regard, you hereby consent and allow Digi to attend to any credit check on you; and / or
- we are of the reasonable opinion that you will use the Fibre Internet Service for any illegal activities.
The provision of the Fibre Internet Service is contingent on your house / office address (the "Premises") being within the Designated Area and having an available port. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Premises is within the Designated Area but there are other issues arising (including but not limited to unavailability of fibre port(s)), we may at our option provide to your alternative internet service as an interim measure. In such case, we shall not be held liable for any inability to provide assistance or the outcome of any assistance render.
Digi Fibre Plan
2. We offer 5 different Digi Fibre Plans, namely, Digi Fibre 90, Digi Fibre 130, Digi Fibre 190, Digi Fibre 270, and Digi Fibre 290. You understand that the “Fibre Internet Service” experience provided is on best effort basis and is subject to device compatibility and location.
Fibre Internet Service rules
1. Minimum age: You must be aged eighteen (18) years and above to subscribe for any of the Digi Fibre Plan. By subscribing to the Fibre Internet Service, you represent and confirm that you are eighteen (18) years and above, and of sound mind. If you are a company incorporated under the laws of Malaysia and are acquiring this Internet Service for a director and/or employee only, then these terms are applicable to you. The continued use of the Fibre Internet Service by the end-user director or employee is deemed to be that end-user's acceptance of the terms in these General Terms and Conditions.
2. You shall ensure and undertake that all information (and documents) submitted to us for the purpose of subscribing the Fibre Internet Service are accurate, true, current, and complete and undertakes to inform us of any updates of such information if there are any changes thereafter.
3. You or your Designated Person are required to submit the following documents to us for verification purpose during application, registration and / or installation processes: -
- MyKad (Malaysians) or MyKAS/MyPR (permanent resident); or
- Passport with at least a minimum of twenty-four (24) months validity
4. Online application: You undertake that any information submitted and / or representation made via our website is correct and legitimate. Digi reserves the right to rely on the information submitted and / or representation in order to proceed with the online subscription application. We reserve the right to make further enquiry due to any uncertainty of the information submitted and / or representation made by you or your authorized representative. You hereby represent that any documentation presented for the purpose of online subscription is true, accurate, current, and complete and shall be kept in Digi's record and is admissible in any court of law and conclusive documents.
5. Right to use the Fibre Internet Service: The Fibre Internet Service is made available to you for your and your household's own use only. You should not use the Fibre Internet Service for any commercial again. You are responsible for how the Fibre Internet Service and Digi’s Equipment are used. Your use of the Fibre Internet Service shall at all times be in accordance with the applicable law and these General Terms and Conditions.
6. Transfer of ownership: Transfer of ownership for Digi Fibre Plan is prohibited.
7. Relocation of Fibre Internet Service: Relocation of the Fibre Internet Service to a different home address is subject to Digi’s area of fibre coverage. A new 24-month contract will be applicable upon successful relocation.
8. Internet Access: We have no control over what content, information, service, or websites that you may access using the Fibre Internet Service, and accordingly we are not responsible for any damage or loss that you may suffer as a result of so doing. Your access to the websites is at YOUR OWN RISK. However if your laptops, personal computers, smartphones or other access devices, become infected with malicious software which enables a third party to use those devices to launch a distributed denial of service attack or other forms of cyberattacks using the Fibre Internet Service, and such an attack compromises or affects our network, we shall immediately suspend your Fibre Internet Service until we can determine the root cause, and if it is due to the fact that you did not take reasonable precautions to mitigate against such possibilities (by installing current and updated anti-virus software) you are liable to compensate us for any costs and / or expenses incurred.
9. Prohibited Use: You shall not: -
- use the Fibre Internet Service for any unlawful purpose including without limitation for any criminal purposes.
- use the Fibre Internet Service to send any unsolicited messages or any messages which are obscene, threatening, or offensive on moral, religious, racial, or political grounds to any persons.
- compromise or infect any systems with computer viruses or otherwise.
- infringe any intellectual property rights of Digi or any third party.
- resell or sublet the Fibre Internet Service to any third parties without prior written consent from Digi; and
- use the Fibre Internet Service in any manner, which in Digi's opinion may adversely affect the use of the Internet Service by other customer or efficiency or security as a whole.
10. Digi's Equipment: You shall: -
- take appropriate measures to safeguard Digi's Equipment.
- properly maintain and keep Digi's Equipment at a safe place.
- adhere to all Digi's instruction from time to time in relation to the use of the Digi's Equipment.
- be responsible for all costs of repairs incurred in relation to Digi's Equipment if it is proven that any fault in such Digi's Equipment whether by act or omission is caused by you.
- not hold Digi liable if your equipment and / or other devices is damaged due to, including but not limited to fire, flood or lightning strike whilst using Digi's Equipment; and
- not hold Digi liable or responsible if Digi is unable to replace or change the Digi's Equipment to a similar model or type as the existing Digi's Equipment and Digi reserves the right to replace the Digi's Equipment to any model or type available during such period at Digi's discretion.
Upgrade / Downgrade of Digi Fibre Plan
1. You are allowed to upgrade your Digi Fibre Plan from between Digi Fibre 90, Digi Fibre 130, Digi Fibre 190, Digi Fibre 270, and Digi Fibre 290 at no additional charge. Upon the successful upgrade, your monthly bill will be prorated based on the usage of the previous plan and current plan.
2. Customers who are on our Digi Home Fibre 50Mbps, Digi Home Fibre 100Mbps, Digi Home Fibre 500Mbps and Digi Home Fibre 1Gbps (“Digi Home Fibre Plan”) plans are not allowed to upgrade to Digi Fibre Plans. If you wish to change your Digi Home Fibre Plan to any of the Digi Fibre Plan, you need to terminate your existing Digi Home Fibre Plan (termination fee may apply depending on your contract term with us) and to subscribe to any of the Digi Fibre Plan as a new 24-month contract with us.
3. You are prohibited to downgrade your Digi Fibre Plan during the term of your contract.
1. If you have subscribed to the Digi Fibre Plan in conjunction with the Digi Postpaid rebate offer, and should you terminate your Digi Postpaid mobile plan at any time during the term of the Digi Fibre Plan, you will no longer be entitled to any special offers that are offered to you as a Digi Postpaid customer.
2. Warranty on any free promotional devices is subject to the terms and condition of the manufacturer brand.
3. Any rebate to the Digi Fibre Plan in conjunction with any promotional activities shall only take effect from the 2nd month invoice onwards.
Installation of Fibre Internet Service
1. Installation Appointment: You will receive a call from us within three (3) business days upon our acceptance of your application to agree and fix an appointment date and time to install the Fibre Internet Service ("Installation Date").
2. Rescheduling: If you are unable to attend on the Installation Date or require a change to the Installation Date, you must inform us before the Installation Date to reschedule the installation works. Should you fail to do so, or we attend your home on the Installation Date to install the Digi's Equipment and you are not available at the Premises, the Installation Date shall be deemed as cancelled and any rescheduling of a new installation date may be subject to a rescheduling charge of RM200. Any rescheduled installation must be completed within twenty-one (21) days from the initial Installation Date, failing which the application is deemed terminated and you will be charged actual costs incurred by Digi accordingly. In any event, we shall not be liable for any further delays due to your deferment.
3. Cancellation prior to fixing an installation date: At the time when we contact you to fix an appointment with you, you may cancel the Fibre Internet Service and in such a case, we will not provision the Fibre Internet Service and there is no service termination fee payable by you. Should you cancel the Fibre Internet Service after we have fixed the installation date, such cancellation shall be subject to a cancellation charge of RM200.
4. Access to Home: By you agreeing to subscribe to the Fibre Internet Service, you hereby consent that we and/or our authorized agents are authorized / allowed to access to your Premises, on the Installation Date (and / or any rescheduled Installation Date, as the case may be), to install and place the Digi's Equipment at your Premises, for the Fibre Internet Service to be activated.
1. Standard Installations: The installation at your home that we perform is Standard Installation. Should you require any non-standard installation (including but not limited to over the ceiling, underground ducts, concealed wiring and etc.), you may request our installer, or another party appointed by you, to do the same, and you would be liable for the charges that the installer levies on you for the non-standard installation, and we are not responsible for any defects and/or damage caused or contributed by our installer in undertaking the non-standard installation requested by you.
2. The installation takes time to complete, and you must be present during installation or designate a person aged eighteen (18) or above to be present on your behalf (the "Designated Person"), failing which our installer is not obliged to proceed with the installation and in such case you will be liable for a cancellation charge of RM200, or if our installer does then you will be deemed to have agreed to all risks associated and release us from any claims arising thereto. If a Designated Person is present on the Installation Date, you hereby agree and authorize the Designated Person to sign the service acceptance form (“SAF”) on your behalf. You hereby agree that you shall be fully responsible and liable for any act or decision or confirmation made by your Designated Person.
3. Standard Installation includes the following elements: fibre cable connection from the nearest Distribution Point (“DP”) to the outer wall of your premise up to 15m of fibre cable from the outer wall of your premise to the BTU up to 2m of RJ45 cable from the BTU to the CPE. Standard Installation does not include any of the following: trenching work, non-direct cable routing, underground, concealed or over-roof cabling. Such work must be completed at the customer's expense and Digi will not be held responsible for the quality or completeness of such work.
Service Acceptance Test (SAT)
1. Digi will perform a simple a SAT upon completion of the installation of Digi's Equipment to determine that the Fibre Internet Service is available. The SAT includes amongst others configuration, testing and verifying that the internet service is accessible whether using your access device (such as a personal computer or laptop or Wi-Fi enabled mobile device) or our access device. We or our authorized installer may request that you attempt to access the internet service using your access device once the Fibre Internet Service is provisioned.
2. The Fibre Internet Service is deemed to commence upon completion of the SAT and invoicing shall commence on the same day as the SAT. You are required to acknowledge the completion of the SAT, failing which we shall deem that the SAT is completed, accepted and is successful.
1. Initial Service Term: The Digi Fibre Plan commences on the completion of SAT or such other date as stated in the Service Acceptance Form (SAF) or as approved by us in writing and is for a minimum period of twenty-four (24) months ("Initial Service Term"). Upon the expiry of the Initial Service Term, the Internet Service shall be automatically renewed on monthly basis. The renewal shall be on the same terms and conditions as set out in these General Terms and Conditions as may be updated by us from time to time. The Service Acceptance Form shall form part of these General Terms & Conditions.
2. Termination: If you terminate the Digi Fibre Plan for whatsoever reason prior to the expiry of the Initial Service Term, you shall be liable to pay a service termination fee of RM500.
Service limitations, interruptions, suspension & discontinuation
1. Quality of Service: We aim to provide a continuous, high-quality service using reasonable care and skill. Our provision of the Fibre Internet Service is nevertheless on a best-effort basis. Due to the nature of the Fibre Internet Service and the equipment we use to provide the Fibre Internet Service, we cannot guarantee that the Fibre Internet Service is available all the time. You may experience service disruptions from time to time. We reserve the right to manage your speed should you exceed the stipulated data volume quota (if any are imposed by us from time to time) or violate any terms and conditions regarding the usage of the Fibre Internet Service.
2. Service Limitations: As there are limitations on the usage of Wi-Fi due to physical obstructions within your home, such as walls, other frequency emitting devices, that may degrade the quality of the Wi-Fi signal or affect its strength. As such we are not responsible for any degradation of the Fibre Internet Service due to such factors or to take measures to rectify such degradation.
3. Occasionally we might have to interrupt, change, or temporarily suspend some or all of the Fibre Internet Service, due to maintenance, upgrading or repairing of our network or of third-party networks that we are interconnected to for the provision of the Fibre Internet Service. If this happens, we will try to get the network up and running again as quickly as possible. If there are faults in our network affect the Fibre Internet Service, we shall endeavour to fix it as soon as possible, but we shall not be liable to you for such interruption or factors that affect the Fibre Internet Service.
4. Service Management Boundary: Digi will provide and manage the Fibre Internet Service up to the BTU including the provisioning, maintenance, and management of all elements up to the BTU located within your home ("Service Management Boundary"). We will have no responsibility for the Fibre Internet Service beyond the Service Management Boundary.
5. You will be responsible for the Fibre Internet Service from your side of the Service Management Boundary, which is from the Service Equipment, and further acknowledges that (a) Wi-Fi signal strength will be impacted or affected by concrete and brick walls or other frequency producing devices that may affect, impair or interrupt the Fibre Internet Service and (b) your end-user access devices (including laptops, smartphones etc.) may affect the Fibre Internet Service, such end-user's Fibre Internet Service experience and/or interference with the radio frequency of the Wi-Fi signals, and for which Digi is not responsible.
6. We reserve the rights at any time, without prior notice and without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Fibre Internet Service for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue, or disconnect the Fibre Internet Service if:
- it shows excessive usage or placed an unusual burden on our network.
- is for unlawful or fraudulent activities or for suspected unlawful or fraudulent activities.
- is not in accordance with our Fair Usage Policy.
- is for commercial / non-personal purposes.
- the monthly Charges is not paid promptly in accordance with the billing due date.
- is disrupted due to technical issues; or
- is subject to a request from lawful authorities to suspend or terminate your connection.
7. We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to discontinue the Fibre Internet Service. In such event, we will offer you a comparable service from our product range (for example, Mobile Broadband) at an equivalent price, or the current market rate, whichever is lower.
Products, defects & warranty
1. Digi’s Equipment come with 12 months warranty. If within 12 months any of the Digi’s Equipment is defective, we will replace the same at no charge to you PROVIDED ALWAYS THAT such defect damage is due to our fault and NOT due to your failure to adhere to our instructions or the instructions of the manufacturer.
2. If the BTU malfunctions due to your household's negligence, carelessness, or failure to adhere to our instructions, we may offer to replace the BTU at a charge of RM500. You will continue to be bound by the contract terms even if you do not opt to receive a Replacement BTU.
3. If the CPE is defective or is damaged (NOT due to your or your household's negligence, carelessness, or failure to adhere to our or manufacturer's instructions) and such defect or damage occurs within one (1) year from the SAF and you are still subscribing to the Fibre Internet Service, then we will repair or replace the CPE at no charge to you. If the CPE is defective after the initial one (1) from the SAF, we may charge a repair / replacement fee of RM150. You will be charged a Fee of RM200 if a field Engineer is sent over to your residence and the conclusion is that the disruption in quality of service is caused by factors that are beyond Digi control.
Charges, fees, billing & payment
1. The monthly recurring charges and / or any applicable charges and rates table for the Fibre Internet Service is as set out on the website here (the "Charges").
2. RM500 deposit will be charged in the first bill for non-Malaysians.
3. Recurring Charges: The Fibre Internet Service has a fixed monthly recurring Charges; the amount shall correspond with the Digi Fibre Plan that you have selected.
4. Payment Methods: The applicable terms regarding payments can be found on the Digi website here. If you sign up payment via auto-billing, you must also adhere to the terms found on the Digi website here. There is no Auto Billing rebate for Digi Fibre Plan.
5. In the event your Digi Fibre Internet Plan is suspended due to non-payment of the monthly recurring Charges, we will re-activate your Fibre Internet Service within 24 hours after you have paid all the outstanding monthly recurring Charges. Such re-activation shall be performed during Digi’s normal business hours.
Change to these Terms of Service
1. You hereby accept that we may from time-to-time revise and / or modify these Terms of Service. In the event of such revision and / or modification, we shall communication such revision and / or modification at Digi's website. You hereby agree that by continuing using the Fibre Internet Service after such notification on our website is deemed as your acceptance and agreement to any revised and / or modified Terms of Service.